Me and my hubby

Me and my hubby

Monday, September 14, 2009

No Doubt Road Trip

For those that know me, it is no surprise when I say that I LOVE Gwen Stefani and No Doubt. Blake and I went to their concert several years ago when they were here in Boise, but since Gwen went solo, they had not toured together in years. When I found out they were doing a comeback tour, I just had to go. I mean, who knows if they will ever tour again - right? So we took a road trip down south to Salt Lake. It has been years since we took a road trip, but with the economy, it was the most practical and economic choice, plus I thought it would be fun for us to spend several hours in the car together :) Blake was betting on me mostly sleeping, since I have to take Dramamine, not to mention, I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere!
We are on our way!

I can't even tell you how excited I was! We had floor tickets and I was part of the No Doubt Tour Club which gave us perks. The best one being, we got special access and didn't have to stand in line to get into the concert PLUS we got in over an hour before the general public, so I got front row seats! (Well, not seats, we were standing, but at the railing!)

Thank you Blaby for going with me - so glad to have you with me!

The next morning - tired eyes! One major blessing was the fact that I had enough Mariott points saved up, we were able to stay overnight for FREE!
My tickets to scrapbook. Notice my "Gwen" rocker nails :) I think I am getting too old for the floor though - more like a mosh pit with crazy young intoxicated and rowdy people. Blake had the worst of it as he acted as a guard around me keeping people from trampling me and pushing there way in front of me. It was insane - I don't know how many people I had to brace for and keep from pushing up in front of me - they would seriously put their hands on the railing under my arms and try to bully there way up or use there 4 year old kids as bargaining chips to make people feel bad and let them up. No place for children if you ask me! I had to hold my frame with my arms and use my elbows just to stand my ground. But I did it! Blake really didn't get to enjoy the show - it was more like a 3 hour workout for him. Needless to say, my floor days I think are over. I will get a seat up a level next time :)
On the road again - quick trip, but loved every minute. I didn't sleep on the way there, but have to confess I slept a lot on the way home! What can I say hun, you were right!

No comments:

MS 150 - McCall, Idaho