Me and my hubby

Me and my hubby

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Live Every Moment

In creating this blog, it reminded me of an old REO Speedwagon song, "Live Every Moment" which says - "Live every moment, love every day, 'cause before you know it your precious time slips away."

We (I) often get caught up in things that don't really matter and in looking back, realize there are way more important things in life. Life is way too short, which I try to always keep in perspective, especially after losing my dad at such a young age. Little Sarah is now the age that I was when I found out my dad was sick. Crazy to think about. What is even more crazy is how quickly the kids are growing up. I know it is cliche to say that time flies, but it really does. It constantly reminds me to really enjoy every moment and not to sweat the small stuff, which honestly, I have a hard time doing. I am definitely a work in progress.

I have been doing some online scrapbooking the past couple weeks and finished one album that collectively captures the past 5 Christmas's, from 2004 to 2008. I was shocked to see the difference in the kids from year to year, but especially from 2004 to a couple months ago. Here are some comparative side-by-side shots.








Little Sarah, age 8 to 13






Still a sweet smile my Sarah Belle, you are not so "little" anymore, you are almost as tall as me! Tastes obviously change too, Barbie to I Tunes.







Brandon, age 5 to 10



Make sure you keep eating those "Smarties"!





From Bobby Jack to A&F and Aeropostale, you really have a great sense of style and I LOVE going shopping with you!


From Power Rangers to Star Wars









We are truly blessed with wonderful kids. They are always grateful and pretty easy going. We are very proud of you two! And we really rock it as a family!




Here's to our band, the Vultair Clan!
Lead Singer - Lola Grace
Bass - Stark O'Nite
Guitar - Vultair
Drums - Rachel Soul

1 comment:

Green Fab 4 said...

I love this, Sarah - you have done such a beautiful job embracing your life and the blessings that it includes! :) Love you!

MS 150 - McCall, Idaho