Me and my hubby

Me and my hubby

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

I know today is St. Patrick's Day, but I have some catching up to do, so today's post is about the previous holiday. But Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! And a very special shout out to you Kel!
We not only got the kids on Halloween this year, we had them on Valentine's Day too! We had a great family day together. Things were low key, but the time we spent as a family was worth a million dollars. Blake and I made a nice dinner for the 4 of us and earlier in the day, Little Sarah and I made red velvet cupcakes and decorated them for dessert. I even bought some sparkling cider and we ate by candlelight. It was pretty special.


Little Sarah and her daddy

Brandon and dad

Even my Maddie girl gets some love


The funniest part of the day was watching Brandon read his Valentine card I specially picked out for him. It said something like, "You know son, when you were just a baby, I remember burping you..." then on the inside it said something like "Now that is one of the many things you can do yourself". Now for whatever reason, it completely cracked the kid up - see below...


He was laughing so hard he was crying!! He then had us all laughing! I finally got him composed enough for the last picture...


Sweet kids - Happy Valentine's Day - I love you!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Sarah! We made a "green" dinner to celebrate---pesto pasta, broccoli, lime jello, green grapes and mint chocolate chip ice cream! I don't really like the typical corned beef and cabbage, but I'll go GREEN on St. Pat's Day!!! ;-)

MS 150 - McCall, Idaho