Me and my hubby

Me and my hubby

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Flying with Dad Part 2

So, that was the plan, great family flying time! I really do love flying - it is one of my favorite past times in which I have great memories of my dad. He was a pilot before he could drive, an amazing flight instructor and taught me how to fly when I was 16 years old. Unfortunately, I never got my license due to problems with motion sickness - which I was told I would eventually out grow. Well, I never did, but it doesn't stop me from the love of flying (as long as I have drugs :)) I even sometimes get sick if I am driving and carnival rides are out of the question - even with a double dose of Dramamine. (I can't even do swing sets or most video games.)



But, with Dramamine, I usually don't get too sick when flying (I have to fly quite a bit for work). For this flight, Blake couldn't find me my normal chewable Dramamine, so he got something called Bonine. Needless to say, the new Bonine drug did not work at all!


We took off, turned south and before we were even to Kuna, I was asking how long the flight was and was desperately trying to get the air on my face and started my "breathing so I don't puke" technique. We were barely over Kuna and I was begging for him to land in Nampa. He called the tower and got us down in record time. I felt SO badly! I hated that I was so sick (Little Sarah wasn't feeling so great either) So I didn't know what to do - I was going to walk before I got back in the plane to fly back to Boise. I tried calling my mom to see if she could come pick us (me and L. Sarah) up, but couldn't get ahold of her. Blake was going to have to fly back to Boise, get the car and drive to Nampa to get us and take us home. He only had the plane for a couple hours and I couldn't let that happen. I finally got ahold of my mom and she graciously came to the rescue.


I really wanted Blake to continue the planned flight with Brandon and that is just what they did. When Brandon found out he was going to get to ride in the front seat - he was smiling ear to ear. He kept boasting how he had a stomach of steel and was just fine. Here is our elated 10 year old.








Still smiling - I think he had this smile on his face ALL day!


It was getting pretty dark when they got back



The Boise airport at dusk

They had a great flight and some quality father-son time together. Little Sarah and I made it home and had a great time together too - we made popcorn balls and caramel corn and enjoyed hanging out without the boys!


No comments:

MS 150 - McCall, Idaho